Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The slip dress








From satin  to silk , cotton, or synthetic, slip dresses are worn as undergarments from the 1920s and became the dress of the season in the mid 1990s defined as a cool, sexy and easy cloth to wear even in a casual attire.

According to Badgley Mischka, the slip dress is the most basic form of a dress. It’s like a T-shirt and therefore, there are a million ways to style it each season. You can make it work in an off-duty way by adding denim and leather accents for a grunge outfit. 
In this post, I layered my leopard slip dress under my off-white coat, a beanie and my brogues. 


Ps.I like to juxtapose the  slip dress's femininity with the masculinity of the brogues.


ASOS leopard slip dress (similar options here and here)
River Island coat (here)
LoveMoschino quilted powder pink bag (You can find it here and here)
H&M beanie 

D&A
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment